Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Proteus / Isis problems after component rename

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardo Luis

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm copying some Proteus stock components to a new library I created, just to keep all the most common components in a single library.

Everything is fine when I just copy the components to my custom library, but I can't simulate the component if I rename it.

An example: I copied the component VSOURCE to my custom lib. Then I built a simple VSOURCE and RESISTOR circuit, it simulates correctly.

Then I renamed this VSOURCE to DC VOLTAGE. After this, I built the same DC VOLTAGE and RESISTOR circuit, but now I got this message in the simulation log:

Device type 'DC VOLTAGE' not recognized!

If I rename it back to VSOURCE, it works again!

It's clear the device name is somehow used to bind the component to it's simulation model, but I can't find anywhere to change / correct this binding. I would love to be able to change the component name to keep my custom library tidy and organized. That's not nice to be stuck with some bad names they chose in the stock libraries.

After some trial and error, found how to solve it: just added a property PRIMTYPE with the original component name, which was VSOURCE. It seems ISIS use the component name to bind the simulation model when PRIMTYPE is not present. But when PRIMTYPE is there, it's value is used instead of the component name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back