Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing 8086 with usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks FvM! Is there any library for FT232 in proteus?

Obviously not. Proteus is supporting USB communication simulation for a few USB microcontrollers only.

I don't know what you want to achieve with simulation in this case.

Regarding the said link, jayanth already stated that the circuit can't work as shown.

It's not even clear what's the intended pupose of USB interface in this case. Apparently the author has only vague ideas about USB, e.g. when he mentions communication with USB sticks, which actually requires an USB hist interface.

My project is simulation of receiving data from USB and showing it in LCD display.
I fear that won't work. Contact your tutor to update the specification.

It might work with a PIC18 USB controller and Proteus.

I didn't expect that you are referring to VUSB or a similar solution. It's limited to low speed USB. It surely can't work with standard 8051 that is working at 1 MIPS only. And it rarely can be simulated with Proteus.

Status
Not open for further replies.