Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet Driver for V/F single phase inverter for driving single AC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmoudomar91

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I am making a V/F inverter as a part of my graduation project to control the speed of a single phase 1 hp AC motor by rectifying the 220 V AC then inverting it again into AC voltage with variable V/f with PWM from AVR ATmega32
but i have some problems
1- the output wave gets kinda scrambled when the frequency is over 25 hz but works fine before that
2- i wonder if i can drive the mosfets with just optocoupler PC817 or co i need mosfet driver like IR2110 or IR2112 and if i have to use the IR2110 can you please show me how to connect it ??
3- what is the max timer frequency to use in order that the optocoupler can cope up with (i am using timer 0 & 2 with crystal 12MHz and a prescalar of 8) ??
4- what is the best filter to use for the output (RC or LC ) ??

Thanks alot in advance

- - - Updated - - -

And also do i have to create 4 20V supplies for the Mosfet gate voltages ?? and can i do that with one transformer and 4 bridges ??? or 4 transformers and 4 bridges ??

It is difficult to control a single ph motor using v/f=const. Torque of motor is proportional to V*V. So reducing speed by a small amount reduces the torque to square of it. For wider range successful speed control, use DTC or Vector ctrl.

can you recommend where can i learn to do DTC or vector control

You can get the book Modern Power Electronics and AC Drives: Bimal K. Bose. If you want to learn while simulating, go for MATLAB/Simulink demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.