Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between voltage and current feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmosbjt

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In terms of speed, bandwidth, application, what is the difference?

Thanks.

Re: What is the difference between voltage and current feedb

For example, if want to control torque of an Am or SM (IFOC,DFOC control) you have to use current feedback becuase currents are reference for such a control.

The current feedback has faster response.

Theory and application: **broken link removed**

And it tends to be more stable (at least for Switch Mode Power Supply)

Voltage feedback will always give higher input impedance.
Current feedback will always lower the input impedance.

Otherwise it depends on what sort of signal u are tapping at the output

if feedback type is

v o/p - v feed=>voltage amps => high i/p and low o/p res higher volt gain

i o/p - v feed=>transconductance amps => high o/p and high i/p res higher transconductance gain

i o/p - i feed=>current amps => high o/p and low i/p res higher current gain

v o/p - i feed=>transresistance amps => low o/p and low i/p res higher transconductance gain

hi.
any where that you have equipment that this must be control with resonable stability you should be use the feedback.
when your equipment must be controled by current you have use current feedback and vice versa.

when you want to control the current you should use current feedback because your refernce also is a current.
it is depend to the circuit and control strategy to choose one of these methods; current control or voltage control.
current control in some application is superior to voltage control.
for example in dc-dc converters, current mode control reduces the order of system and can give better control. also by current control it will be easier to parallel several converters and so on.
however it is clear that for voltage feedback you need just resistors but for current feedback you need current sensor, (hall effect, transformer, ..) i.e. more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back