Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

receiving data problem of 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

anasfuad33eng

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,all i want to ask if i use usb to rs232 adapter will change the bits pattern of my binary data when i send binary byte from matlab via usb to rs232 adapter im try and try all formats of fwrite function to send binary data from matlab and display it to 8051 leds .i notice when i seend fwrite(s,00000001,'uint8') i receive 00000110 is the data change because i use usb to rs232 adapter or not? i think my 8051 kit company change the circut
of TXD,RXD pins the circut of my kit below please can any body to help me why when i send data from matlab i cant recieve the same data (i recieve other data)
Untitled.png

First make sure that the baud rates at both ends are the same, and that the PC is sending a frame in the identical format with the 8051 (eg. 1 start-bit, 8 data bits, and 1 stop-bit) …
:wink:
IanP

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.