Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shifting of Axial ratio value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana S

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir/Madam ,

My resonating frequency is 1.6Ghz but my axial ratio resonating frequency is 1.11Ghz ...what is the reason for the shift of axial ratio value....and axial ratio bandwidth is very small when compared to the impedence bandwidth

Hi Diana,

Not necessarily the frequencies have to be coincident.
Please can you tell of which type is your antenna, and what definition are you taking for axial ratio resonance and axial ratio bandwidth?
Regards

Z

Sir,
i am using a square patch antenna with suspended configuration...I have placed a foam between the ground plane and the dielectric..Can i know the reason for the shifting of axial ratio value....and my axial ratio BW is too low...how can i improve the axial ratio bandwidth
Hi Diana,

Not necessarily the frequencies have to be coincident.
Please can you tell of which type is your antenna, and what definition are you taking for axial ratio resonance and axial ratio bandwidth?
Regards

Z

So you are using a square patch for linear polarization, right? Or it is for circular polarization?
Again, what definition are you taking for axial ratio resonance and axial ratio bandwidth?

And what directions are you lookint at?
If I remember correctly, the cross-polarizartion (but not the axial ratio) has maxima in planes at 45º for an ideal square patch. This is inherent to the patch configuration.

Regards
Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back