Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dot matrix interfacing with PIC micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kannaaa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
please tell me how to connect the wires in LED DOT MATRIX,i don't know the pin configuration even after seeing that configuration,it is not working properly.but its working well in PROTEAUS.....it is VT12088BS series...Please help me...I'm a beginner.i want to interface with pic micro controller...i know how to connect,but in Dot matrix,don't know

Hello Kanna,

I had done an experiment in past with PIC18F4550 and 8x8 LED matrix display. I had implemented text scroller. You can find this post at following url:

https://electronix-world.blogspot.com/
You will find source code, schematics and firmware example. If you still have any question please dont hesitate to ask.

Regards

hi Asimlink,
very much thank you boss........my led dot matrix series is VT12088BS and i have connected through your procedure,but it doesn't working,since it is different series........could you please help me sir...
with regards,
kanna.

hello kanna,
Can you please post the datasheet of your dot matrix display: VT12088BS
I need to see how different is your display with the one I used.

regards

Hi Asim,
Sorry for the late reply.Things went something wrong..Thank you for your response...i cant able to get the data sheet for the led dot matrix...I tried it in Proteus design,but in hardware,it seems to be difficult..I want to know about ADC,Timer,UART,RTC.Please explain these with a code with a clear explanation....Really it will be so helpful...Actually i was struggling in these..

With regards,
Kanna.

Hello Kanna,

I would suggest you to probe your 8X8 LED matrix display and make a complete understanding of the pinout of the Display. Once you are done with it you can code the led matrix driver functions.
For understanding PIC internal peripherials I would suggest you to get hold of a good book on pic microcontrollers:

Have a look at following ebook:

https://www.mikroe.com/products/view/11/book-pic-microcontrollers/

Regards

Thanks a lot boss..And again sorry for the late reply

can you help me to implement a non scrolling text with PIC16F877A,I want to display for example:ABC

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back