Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 and voltage measurment on LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomas

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I measure voltage which is on LED with microcontroller? Clipboard02.jpg How should I connect analog pin?

If your -Ve reference is VSS (it usually is) and the bottom of the LED is connected to VSS, connect the analog pin to the junction of the LED and resistor.

Brian.

Reactions: tomas

tomas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Last edited:

tomas

LED and resistor is from other circuit, which is seperate from microcontroller. Should I make this GND common?

The measurement taken by the PIC is of one voltage relative to the other so you have to measure across the LED using ground and the ADC input as the two connections.

A word of warning - make sure it is safe to connect the two grounds first. Although they are both called ground, a true connection to Earth may not be present in the power supply feeding the PIC or the LED so they could be at different voltages.

Brian.

tomas

thank you all for your time and answers :) Im done with my project ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.