Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle pro 6.2.0 ..which gerber files have the board outline in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

In a 4 layer PCB, which Eagle pro gerber files should have the "dimension" (board outline) in them?

Is it just the top and bottom silk screen gerbers?

If i put the "dimension" (board outline) in all the gerbers, will it matter? (ie putting the dimension into the top copper gerber, etc etc)

Normally the dimension layer (20) is combined with 21 to make the top silk screen and 22 for the bottom silk screen. I cannot see why you would want to put it on the copper layers as well.

Keith

I cannot see why you would want to put it on the copper layers as well.
-so that the board house knows the coordinates of the pads with respect to the board outline. -making manufacturing easier?

The co-ordinates are in the Gerbers. For alignment purposes you can use fiducial markers. I am sure if you look up fiducial on the forum you will find some useful links about their design and recommended placement.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back