Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle pro has made a gerber file become an Open Office spreadsheet file type....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I have just gerber'd a PCB in Eagle pro, ....and as required in Eagle , i called the "Top soldermask" file "Top soldermask.stc"

..............however, my computer has the Open Office software on it, and for some reason, this "Top soldermask.stc" has the open office icon and descriptor when i view it in the directory..........

How can i avoid this?

i.e., how can i stop Open Office from "claiming" this "Top soldermask.stc" file as its own? (and others with the .stc file ending)......................................its going to be confusing for the PCB manufacturing company.

........strangely enough, the file opens correctly in the gerber viewer (Viewmate).

Also, do i have to give the file a ".stc" ending? (as you know, "stc" stands for "stop mask, component side" in Eagle terminology)

Right click on the file then ............... select ............

"open with"........................... then select ............................ "Choose program" and browse to the the location

......... of the Eagle binary and select that.

Make sure you also select ............................. the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" .....................................checkbox

.................. so it uses it in future.

I guess you can also see

............................ that adding lots of dots everywhere makes the posts more difficult to read.

Keith

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back