Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best processor RAM for running HFSS simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kae_jolie

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for the best pc setup for running HFSS simulations.

As far as processors go, is quad core xeon better than i7

As far as RAM go, probably 16 GB is very good or?

Also, 64-bit OS like Windows 7.

Please share your experience and PC setup to have the fastest simulation time.

Thanks.

I am looking for the best pc setup for running HFSS simulations.

As far as processors go, is quad core xeon better than i7

As far as RAM go, probably 16 GB is very good or?

Also, 64-bit OS like Windows 7.

Please share your experience and PC setup to have the fastest simulation time.

Thanks.

Depending on what you want to, somewhere from 4 GB to 2 TB should be adequate. To put it another way, it depends very much on what you want to do.

The lastest version needs a 64-bit operating system. Either Linux or Windox XP-64-bit, Vista or Windows 7 I think.

Dave

Does HFSS V13 work on Windows 7 64 bit?

To my knowledge, HFSS 13 was never supported on Vista. It was on Windows XP (older than Vista) and Windows7 (newer than Vista), but not actually on Vista.

Whether it actually works on Vista might be a different matter. Very often things that are unsupported do actually work. Often bits of software do not work together, even when they are supposed to. ;-)

Dave

In another thread, the guy has indicated that his problem was actually to break HFSS licensing in that Windows 7-64 environment. Hopefully, he will remove that post asap, because illegal software use is not tolerated in this forum.

@volker_muehlhaus
Keep it cool, post removed.

Nevertheless, it seems that 3/4 of the people on that post were discussing a cracked version.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot Dave, appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

In another thread, the guy has indicated that his problem was actually to break HFSS licensing in that Windows 7-64 environment.

With all due respect, this is your own personal assumption of what I'm trying to do.

I'm just trying to get my licensed v13 to work on my new laptop (running on windows 7-64 bit), with no helpful materials on Ansys website or any of the technical forums. I even emailed the Ansys sales team, but got no reply yet.

Basically the size of the antenna and the mounting surface determines the workstation specs.
Larger the surface more is time required larger RAM and Graphics required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back