Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

find the output of capacitor microphone in theory or augur

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_1

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
how can find the output of capacitor microphone in theory or augur it without test in?

for example in these circuits what is the output of each circuit schematic?(max and min output)(dc and ac output voltage of microphone?)
13492394081.jpg

Thanks

Heya baby_1,

The DC voltage present at the output will depend upon the bias current through the microphone, which is manufacturer/model/DC voltage/temperature dependent. Typically this current is of order a few hundred microamps, thereby dropping up to a few volts from the supply rail across the resistors shown. Because this voltage is rarely controlled or precisely known, these microphones are usually AC coupled (via a capacitor) to the subsequent amplifier stage.

The AC voltage is dependent upon the SPL (sound pressure level) incident on the microphone in addition to the microphone's responsivity (which is again frequency and voltage/current dependent!). I'd expect signals of order 10 to a few hundred mV max amplitude.
So many wishy-washy ill defined values! :)

As such, practical characterisation with the actual model you intend to use is the best way to predict how it will respond in your application (provided you've satisfied the bias current/operating voltages specified in the data sheet).

Hello & thanks thylacine1975

here is my two terminal capacitance microphone.
**broken link removed**

and it doesn't have any Datasheets ( i see only 23s text on it)
how can i find the it's' specification parameters.

can you give me a simple datasheet and example to find more about microphone outputs?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.