Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] circuit diagram for 24V 6A dc smps to 5v 9A dc converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dual interleaved buck converter could be suitable.

Schematic of my simulation:

The switches must be replaced by mosfets/transistors. Component values are theoretical and can be changed.

A single buck converter will not give you 9A. It only provides as much current as is available from the supply (that is, 6A).

Another type is transformer based (flyback). I had a simulation going, and I tried to make a transformer which provides 5V to the load. I have not succeeded. (Sending pulsed DC through a transformer gets tricky.)

Hi Prashanttiyagi
As Bradtherad said one of the best solutions is a buck converter . but there is another way available too . i think with this low voltage , you don't need any isolation , so a simple flyback converter , with non isolated feedback ( with two resistors and a common ground ) can be ok too .
But another thing , if you use a buck converter in discontinuous mode , out put current can be higher than input current .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

I managed to devise a simple flyback converter (simulated) that provides 5V at 9A.

Schematic:

Values are theoretical and can be changed.

The diode needs to be oriented at whatever polarity works best.

thanks to all for this
but i told that i am new for this field
so please help me by sending some links or data for basic knowledge of these kind of supply

Your thread title suggests there is already a switch mode power supply creating the 24V 6A.

Rather than add another smps, it might be practical to adjust the incoming supply to your desired spec.

I don't know that it is possible. However if it could be done then you can save some work and expense.

Furthermore even if you start building your own smps, it may turn out to be impractical.

but i told that i am new for this field
Hi again , if you are new , at this , process , i think you'd better to take a look at datasheet of UC3845 . it will be interesting ! then i think we can guide you more .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back