Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST Studio ballast PCB Simulation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyuben_iliev

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello dear engineers,

I am doing my thesis on Computational Electromagnetics and I wiould like to make a simulation of a fluorescent lamp ballast PCB with CST Studio Suite. I am interested in radiated and conducted emissions, because later the PCB will be tested in an EMC lab to confirm the simulation results.

So far I have imported the PCB in PCB Studio, but I have some issues:

1. There are some active components (Transistors, diodes, discs). I have their SPICE models, but how to import them the the simulation?
2. Can I supply the PCB with 230V 50Hz and measure the disturbances at the power supply? Is it possible with the CST STudio to make measurements like with a LISN?
3. Which module is better to use: Microwave studio or Microstipres? I want to make conductive measurements up to 30 MHz.

I will be thankful if someone can give me some tips about that. Thank you.

You workflow with importing all active & passive devices into the EM simulator is NOT what these tools are designed for. You should contact CST support to discuss your simulation task.

volker_muehlhaus, I think you are right. The system has to be simulated by fragment. Simulating a whole device is hard and problematic. At least so far I haven't acheaved a correct simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back