Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solve this ESD Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Attachment is an ESD design with BGF108L and 1nF, the right is a connector. Some keys are connected to the connector through flex.

The issue is, when test with AD -8KV, the keys are mis-triggered. The target is to pass the +-15KV test.

So how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Attachments

• Key_ESD_SCH.JPG
    Key_ESD_SCH.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 72

As I can see, the schematic shows no ESD protection at all! ESD pulses are to be attenuated by combinations of series resistors, parallel capacitors and parallel limiting diodes (Zeners). Special ESD suppression ICs are commercially available.

Hi, jiripolivka,

Your reply clears my confusion. BGF108L is not an ESD protection component.

Thanks.

The keys connect to the connector by 50mm flex. If I use TVS as the ESD component and put it 20mm away from the connector, can the keys pass +-10KV ESD test?
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

The keys connect to the connector by 50mm flex. If I use TVS as the ESD component and put it 20mm away from the connector, can the keys pass +-10KV ESD test?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.