Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting started with Xilinx, Vivado or ISE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi001

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have experience doing basic digital designs with Altera Quartus and more recently a few embedded projects using Altera NIOS processor and IDE. I also have some embedded C experience.

If I am getting into a Xilinx IDE for the first time, should I use the ISE development environment? Or should I go straight to this new Vivido environment? The first design I will be doing on Xilinx will be a basic digital design.

In my opinion, Vivado contains the same functionalities than the ISE development environment. I have juste look at the vivado video provided by Xilinx and Vivado is just a version more packed.

Reactions: digi001

digi001

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Keep in mind that vivado only supports the latest family 7 fpga's. So if you use for example spartan-6 you can forget about vivado. And given the current prices I'd guess you are not using kintex-7.

Reactions: digi001

digi001

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, I didn't know that. Yes most likely for this design we will be using a spartan 3 or 6 so I guess I am stuck with ISE for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back