Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F and IC Prog issues regarding power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobakava

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using IC Prog with ConquestSys based paralel port programmer. It has a ZIF socket for DIP package and works well for 16F and 18F family...

but I'm trying to program PIC18F8720 (QFP-80) on my target board but it fails if I try to use target's own power... I power off the target board and give 5V supply from programmer, it works... but I need to run the board at 3V3 and I want to program it while it's own power is applied...

what could be the problem?

and can you give me a point for bootloader for 18F8720 (I use CCS compiler)

regards

pic18f icsp

HI
IC Prog direct support 18F8720?
I think you try 18LF8720 for 3.3V
Thx
sadat

pic18f max232

why don't you use bootloader,for example tiny bootloader.It require only one max232.with this method your custumers are able to upgrade pic firmware.

icsp pic18f

I'm using Colt bootloader now...

pic18f* icsp

I'm using Colt bootloader now... but programming bootloader to the target while it's own power applied does not work yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.