Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I add surface mount capacitor to HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydar

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lumped element in HFSS

Can I add surface mount capacitor to HFSS? Is there anybody designed something like this hybrit structure?

Re: lumped element in HFSS

yes, just draw a piece of pec rectangle and assign boundary condition to pure reactance.

haydar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

can you draw it simply and add boundary condition?
I am not so good on boundary conditions in HFSS. for example between two microstrip line, there is a surface mount cap.
thanks.

for example between two microstrip line, there is a surface mount cap,

here we can not simply assign the boundary condition to lumped terminal as capacitor. It is the most critical part of your model. Can you tell me the thickness and the roughly length of your trace?

Best Regards,

haydar

asdfaaa said:
for example between two microstrip line, there is a surface mount cap,

here we can not simply assign the boundary condition to lumped terminal as capacitor. It is the most critical part of your model. Can you tell me the thickness and the roughly length of your trace?

Best Regards,

thickness of the strips are 4mm and there is 10mm gap between two microstrips. I want to put a cap between these strips.

thanks.

Yeah. I guess in this case you have to use Designer not HFSS itself

haydar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back