Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching from FPGA/ASIC Design to PCB Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinaishlene

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I did my master degree in FPGA/ASIC design (by research) for 2 years. Then I continued to stay in the university for another 2 years as RA. My research area is strongly related to FPGA/ASIC design. Recently, I took a job offer in a PCB design. This job requires me to attend on-job-training (OJT) to learn the Allegro PCB Editor however the training have yet started. In this current job, I'm a total zero where I have to learn everything from start. After two weeks accepting this job offer, I had another offer in FPGA/ASIC design which is more related to what I studied and practiced in the university. I may want to take this job after the manager agrees to provide the salary I requested for.

Let say if I do not accept this FPGA/ASIC design job offer, is it a wise decision for me to stay with this current job as PCB designer. FYI, in this two weeks, I didn't do much on the PCB design except just viewing and studying the board layout using the Allegro Physical Viewer.

Hope can get some opinions from you guys

Regards,
Rin

Status
Not open for further replies.