Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to translate DXF files to netlist that Pads can import

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstiger

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
importing dxf to orcad capture

I have many drawing files with DXF type, and they are translated by Orcad, Now I want to import those DXf files to Powerpcb to layout, but I can't do it although I try with many ways.
Could someone tell me how to do?
Tks.

pads netlist import

No one?
Waiting!!!!!

how to translate orcad to dxdesigner

Try to download ViewMate. It's evaluation verion is free.
However I am not sure if this software will be able to translate DXF file into your format.
You can also try NumberOne EasyPc; same story as above... 8)

dxf and schematic

NumberOne EasyPc? Is it also one CAM software?
As I know, Viewmate is one CAM software, maybe not unable to translate, but I will try anyway.
Tks,

jstiger

1.rst you have to convert the dxf files to gerber using cam350.
2.generate the nc file manually if not avalible.
3. map the layer stackup
4convert draw in flash.
5 create the parts and name the pads you can see in teh tools. (cam350)
6.extract the netlist.
7.Export to cad formate.

you have a few format avalible while export.
select the sutiable one.

binu g

Sorry for misunderstanding!!!!
I should be add one sentence before: Those DXF files are schematic files, not layout drawings.

Sorry!

Re: How to translate DXF files to netlist that Pads can impo

I should be add one sentence before: Those DXF files are schematic files, not layout drawings.

No - you can't convert a DXF drawing to a schematic that can be used by an EDA program. A DXF drawing is just a bunch of lines - it doesn't have any intelligence about components or pins.

Any schematic you get from a DXF drawing is going to be just a picture of the schematic. It won't be anything you can use for automated netlist generation, or automated PCB generation.

ou!!!I see.
Thanks,Hose_cat.
I will draw those schematic and layout myself.

you say these files were created thru Orcad?
If so why not just use the Orcad tools to export a netlist from the schematic?
If what you are saying was that you imported a dxf into Orcad then you'll have to redraw the schematic in Orcad using Orcads primitives and then you can export a netlist that powerpcb can use.

I don’t understand exactly what you have and what you want to do. You said that you want to import those dxf files into PowerPCB and later you added that those are schematic files. PowerPCB is a layout tool and not a schematic capture tool.
If you have a schematic done in OrCAD Capture you can use E-Studio from E-Tools Company to translate it to DxDesigner (assuming that you use DxDesigner as schematic capture tool). If you have only the dxf file generated from OrCAD, you can use CAM350 to convert it into HPGL format and to import it into DxDesigner. Of course the result will be a graphic schematic and not an intelligent schematic, but it may help you to redraw your schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back