Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium 10: Getting Gerber files

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to get gerber files from our Altium 10 double sided PCB layout.

What it is, I have got all the components onto the board, but I have used “absolute maximum size” footprints, and there’s not much space on the board for tracking , and the gaffer has asked for the gerber files so he can view them in viewmate and print them out 1:1 so he can check that I’ve not made the components footprints far too big.

I am used to getting gerbers from Eagle, and it’s a doddle in that package, -in Altium, I am bewildered by the myriad of options and cant get the gerber files.

I have watched the training video on it , but still cant work out how to do this job

Try File --> Fabrication Outputs --> Gerber Files it's a simpler way to get some gerber files but not as poweful as the output job files.

Hope this helps,
Chris.

Thanks, but unfortunately that gives me the error message "The film is too small for this PCB".

and i cannot know what to do about this

In Gerber Setup>>Advanced>>Film Size increase the size.
Make fim size to the extent that all your gerber data fits into it.

Attachments

• ADOH-GerberOutputOptions-110712-1452-76464.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 92
Thanks anonymous ricky, i just kept increasing the size until it gerberd ok.
..but now i wonder if its too big and will cause problems at some later stage?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks anonymous ricky, i just kept increasing the size until it gerberd ok.
..but now i wonder if its too big and will cause problems at some later stage?

- - - Updated - - -

i just deleted the duplicate above, then saved changes but its put it back in....is this my PC, or is it the edaboard servers?

Last edited:

For Film size you can draw a rectangular area around you design, measure and put its dimension in film size as it is not required in gerbers so you can use any free mechanical layer for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back