Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] CPW feeding simulation with HFSS problem , (SMA vs port) (lupmed port vs wave port)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkomx

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I'm working on ungrounded CPW structure. I've been through all previous post about CPW , how to feed it and Ansoft tutorials,and I designed a cpw antenna with SMA. From Antenna_kit released by ansoft I realized that the length of the coax should be Lambda/6. So I simulated my CPW with 4 different feeding, 1.SMA with Lambda/6 length, 2. SMA with short length, 3. Wave port as recommended by some tutorials (width=3(2*s+w) and height=4*h) and finally 4. lumped port as I've seen in some examples.
But the problem is I've got 4 DIFFERENT results by 4 different feeding. For better understanding I attached the HFSS file.
I wonder if anybody could help me and tell me which result is correct?

Attachments

• Confirmation_CPW_Feed_WCDMA_1st_antenna_5_July_2012.rar
    86.4 KB · Views: 366

hi
i send a model of CPW antenna this method will work and the best and i checked it with some paper result and also i check the result with CST and achieve same result

Attachments

• circel cpw1.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 337
Hi
i have the same problem about CPW antenna ,so i load the model you sent , but i have some questions ,i saw you built three rectangle (rectangle 4,5,7) around the lump port and unite them ,but how do you determine the size of the rectangle , whether their width and height influence will influence the result

about your questions when u model a antenna structure in hfss or other simulators u it should be same as real condition to give the best result
in here i used the HFSS techniques but for the size u can check how the SMA will connect to your antenna so u can realize the size of this u shape too easy i hope it helpful for u

about your questions when u model a antenna structure in hfss or other simulators u it should be same as real condition to give the best result
in here i used the HFSS techniques but for the size u can check how the SMA will connect to your antenna so u can realize the size of this u shape too easy i hope it helpful for u

Thanks, I am trying to implement a CPW line which will be fed with a probe of some kind or SMA. But it is not obvious to me how the structure in the file simulates an SMA connector. I was hoping you could elaborate?

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back