Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make INSTALL (SETUP) program

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacrpio

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends, :?:
I have written a software in VC++. Where I want to run this program, i copy the EXE file to that PC & run that EXE file. But It is possible that anybody can remove that file.
I wanted to know how to make SETUP file. When I run the SETUP file my program shuld be install in C:\progam files\...(ANY PATH)
AND uninstallation of the program also should be there.
:cry: [/b]

Dear sacrpio:
Use InstallShield Pro or InstallAnywhere to make setup of your VC project. Infact Visual Studio 6.0 comes with a light version of InstallShield.
Through InstallShield you have to create an InstallShield project, import your files and do some setttings to fine tune the setup of your project and you are done.
With a setup made through InstallShield there is an automatic installer which Appears in Contorl Panel's Add/Remove Program.(don't i sound like a marketing guy ;) )
regards
jinics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back