Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infra-red remote control ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm_fa_da

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all ;

i have got a strange problem on infra-red remote control , my problem is short range af transmitter ,

i have desigend a receiver and transmitter ( infra-red ) , using 2 89c2051 , one as sender and one as receiver .

i connected a LED to the output of infre-red receiver ( 38 kH ) , when i turn my transmiter on , it makes some pulses ( 38kH ) to infre-red LED sender and the LED connected to output of infra-red receiver turns on and off according to the pulses of transmiter , but when i go far for more than 4 meters , it doesn't recieve any pulse !! , so i used our home TV remote conrol as transmitter , it's range is about 15 meters and the same receiver !! i changed infra-red LED's of my made transmitter and TV's with each other , but the result was like before , i don't know where's the problem , my transmiter's voltage is 5V but TV's is 3V , i have used a transistor in output too , but don't know why mine is short range !! can it be because of special pulses giving to infra-red LED ?

for example , should it be 5 uS high and 21uS low or other values ???!
my wave is 13uS high and 13uS low , ( 50% duty cycle ) period = 26 uS , frequency is about 38.461 kH .
please share your experience with me ,
thanks you all .

for increasing the Ir range you have to modify your output stage:

1. you heve to increase the IR transmitter current at hundred of mA (depending of the catalogue specs)

2. You have to make for amp stage a power buffer (an RC group, C will maintain the battery power during Ton, and will charging thru R during Toff)

3. You have to decrease Ton time to obtain a medium consumpted power according catalog speciffication for IR transmitter.

Hope this help,
//a

yes , thank your for your help , but in receiver's datasheet it's not said how long is the allowed minimume Ton !!
i want to know the minimume allowed time for better battery life ...

with 2248 and 2249 or 2250 ,you can control 10-16 signal control
2248 this is the transmitter
2249,2250 is the receiver

You should use a pair of 2248-2249. In order to control another objects, you see carefully about signal waveform & driver of 2248

plz explain ur problem a little more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back