Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433 MHz Rx ,Tx Module with One Single Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

subaregistrar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a pair of 433mhz Rx Tx Module in my wireless RS232 interface. Right now I have connected separate antenna for both Rx and Tx. Is it possible to use one single antenna for both Rx and Tx?
RF433a.jpg

Thanks
Subare

Thank you for the replay. I am using these modules are in a Microcontroller based embedded system as a Transceiver. I have a bunch of sensor modules that attached with the system remotely. Not only I can reduce one antenna by putting it in to single one but also it will more convenience to have for handling it. Please see the attached diagram. It has the existing configuration and proposed configuration which I am going to put.
Tx-Rx-MCU.jpg

Thanks
Subare

People are using transceivers for this purpose, receiver and transmitter in a single module, operating in half-duplex with an internal Rx/Tx switch. It's cheaper to use a ready-made transceiver module than to modify existing modules to support an external duplex switch.

Thanks @ FvM

The reason which I am using these above said 433 MHz Rx Tx Modules and its variants are, they are not only inexpensive but also available almost everywhere easily. According to your comment, these kind of modules are required an external duplex switch.

Could you please refer to a sample of an external duplex circuit ? and any suggestion for a Transceiver module that is identical to the cost of these Tx Rx module?

Thanks
Subare

Hi Guys,

I found cheap Rx/Tx Transceiver on the web store. I am planning to buy few of those as a sample to test before buying big quantity. Thanks anyway.

But I have more than 50 of the standalone Rx/Tx module. For time being I want use this as a transceiver as I have mentioned my previous posts. I have attached an idea schematic of a half duplex switcher. I know the relay is not a good solution for RF design. Could you please somebody help me by implementing this in real RF style without effecting the frequency and power.

Rx-Tx HalfDuplex-Switch.jpg

Thanks
Subare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back