Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DESIGN OF ANALOG MULTIPLIER

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandip

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone of u send me the design procedure of ANALOG MULTIPLIER?

Refer Baker's book. It contains a chapter on nonlinear applications..

**broken link removed**

This shows a cross coupled pair from a paper by Kimura. This acts like a squarer and is useful in rectification and power detection.

Search online for Gilbert cell multiplier, most commonly used multiplier topology. Hope this helps

Rgds

there are integrating that are used in single video which they do of multiplexor in case

Many analog electronics book has a chapter on analog multiplier. Razavi CMOS design book has a small section on this under differentail amplifier section. Gray/Meyer book should have it too. And many more...search in IEEE website helps or if you can find, get the classic paper by Barry Gilbert, the inventor of Gilbert multiplier, he wrote this paper in 1968 or 1969! search on Analog Device website where Gilbert works also help. for starter, Google it to get the basics.

sandip said:
can anyone of u send me the design procedure of ANALOG MULTIPLIER?
My bet is you want voltage multiplier not frequency multiplier? Procedure for frequency multiplier is a little bit more complex.

Anyhow:
AD633 from analog.com. Circuit schematics are included in datasheet of this chip. The only problem is this chip is expensive.

Or explore the ones attached in file I am including. It uses diodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.