Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

double volt-ampermeter with pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like the meter to work for 70v and 10 amp with a header saying LASER CNC
example

LASER CNC
12V 1.5A

Hey, check it atachmets: vlad2.rar for V-A meter 70v 10A or vlad8.rar from this topic.

hi to all,
thanks for your valuable work. When I use dividers 6.8K and 100K (0R47-100K for amp) ; in proteus volt-amp readings come as 66.16 and 28.38 respectively (same thing happens on the real circuitry). To calibrate the voltage i used 100k multiturn trim, and got a good result after trimming (when I cross check with my digital multimeter). But on the amp side, I can not do the same thing. When I connect a 12 volt 21 ohm bulb, amp side shows 5 amps. Mutimeter just reads 1.7 amps. Am I doing something wrong? What can we do for amp calibrating

- - - Updated - - -

hi to all,
thanks for your valuable work. When I use dividers 6.8K and 100K (0R47-100K for amp) ; in proteus volt-amp readings come as 66.16 and 28.38 respectively (same thing happens on the real circuitry). To calibrate the voltage i used 100k multiturn trim, and got a good result after trimming (when I cross check with my digital multimeter). But on the amp side, I can not do the same thing. When I connect a 12 volt 21 ohm bulb, amp side shows 5 amps. Mutimeter just reads 1.7 amps. Am I doing something wrong? What can we do for amp calibrating

sorry, bulb is not 21 ohm, it is 21 W

@ Rob Hummel

Check the previous posts. I have posted the code. You change the Lcd line "Hello Handsom" to "LASER CNC". It will work for your voltage and amps.

@ Rob Hummel

Check the previous posts. I have posted the code. You change the Lcd line "Hello Handsom" to "LASER CNC". It will work for your voltage and amps.

Ty so much, I am new to the hole avr and pic side of things and can't wait till I understand more of the programming side of things. I have compiled hex files before for my gbrl cnc and successfully put in on my arduino. My question is do I do the same thing "modifie the config and compile the hex with winavr?

Just a link to my laser cnc project video :) https://youtu.be/9dTS1A2F4j8
I have bin working on it for some time now and the meter is for the controller, i would like it for laser amp setting and power supply volt readings.
the power supply is a 350w PSU moded to supply 12 and 5 v outputs for stepper control and laser driver

Well Im waiting on a PIC programmer and really only need to monitor 5 v and 1.2 amps at the moment. So I went with an ATMEGA328P . I created a base arduino and programed it. It seems to be a bit off compared to my FLUKE I am using the internal reff voltage and thinking that may be the problem. Any how it's working and Ty again it's great to find sites like this where a noob is not bashed or misdirected.

Status
Not open for further replies.