Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in Altera Max CPLD EPM7128ELC84-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee_wmkab

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

Is it possible to use the bytemaster download cable to download the design file into EPM7128ELC84-12? It seem that it doesn't support ISP
BR
Keith

Hi,

By viewing the chip pinout on alteras site, this chip include isp function through the jtag port. ByteBlaster or ByteBlasterMV cable can be used to program the chip.

h**p://www.altera.com/literature/ds/m7000.pdf

h**p://www.altera.com/literature/dp/max7k/epm7128e.pdf

* = t

Help in @ltera Max CPLD EPM7128ELC84-12

Hello ee_wmkab,

You’re right; the MAX7000E devices don’t support ISP. So it is not possible to program them via ByteBlaster. MAX7000S is supporting ISP.

@papyaki: Did you see note 3 at page 5 of “epm7128e.pdf”?

Bye,
cube007

Dear all,

Thanks for your kindly advise.
How can I program the EPM7128ELC84-12???
I found that it need MPU/APU(A specail programing device). Cound I build it myself?

BR
Keith

Keith,

You have a ton of 7128E or what ...? :)

You may program 7128S with any ISP device, so if you're talking about a few pieces just trash the older ones, and buy the ISP version, which is a U$S20 or less CPLD.

Regards

Hi Cube007

You are right, sorry for my mistake

Papyaki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back