Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loading Effect In Modified Sine Wave Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jahanzeb1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys !

I simulated a modified sin wave inverter in Proteus, the out is perfect 220v but when i attach a load it voltage drops to 1v. I dnt know why is loading effect happening in transformer. Kindly check the schematics and give me some solution to solve this problem :

modified sin wave inverter new.jpg

These are the outputs with and without loads.

Proteus simulation output.jpgoutputwithload.jpg

I tried to attach the buffer op-amps before fets but in vain. Kindly help me in this regard.

Waiting.....

Hello

I don't know Proteus, but how did you model your transformer? Can you provide some details?

Vlad

Hello

I don't know Proteus, but how did you model your transformer? Can you provide some details?

Vlad

Thanks for your reply sir !

i configure my transformer by the setting the values shown in figure. Its set that when i apply Ac 220v on primary it produces 10-0-10 on secondary.

transformer setting.JPG

The inductances of the primary and secondary should be different if the ratio is different: L1=L2*(N1/N2)^2 . For example, let's say you have a 1H secondary inductance and the ratio is 12/220, then the primary would be approximately:
L1 = 1H*(12/220)^2 ~ 3mH
Also, the coupling coefficient can be safely chosen as 0.99, but set it to 1 for a better understanding of a quick simulation. Remember that in real life, you have much more than these, but you will have to calculate them yourself though, based on the requirements, this was just an example; find some good tutorials on the internet about transformer design.

Good luck,
Vlad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back