Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller based Scientific Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scs83

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 based programming of calculator

Hi,

I am currently doing a "Microcontroller based Scientific Calculator" which inclueds almost all the functions of a scientific calculator. Work inclueds interfacing keypad and display.

Can you please give me come comments? Is there any good website? Even though I have learned some 8051 but I am still not confident. Is 8051 or PIC better? Thanks for your help!

microcontroller based scientific calculator

Hi

I cannot help you with websites or code, but there are a calculator in sample designs of Proteus, labcenter.co.uk .
Versions for both 8051 and PIC, but not any graphical versions though.

Cl

Can someone please help me??

Both PIC and 8051 seems to be suitable for your application, but if you're programming in assembler PIC instructions are painful for math calculations (it's a RISC MCU)
There's practically no timing requirement... personally, I'd use PIC with a good C Compiler (Hi-Tech?)
Regards

Take a look at this thread, it may be useful.

FoxyRick.

scs83

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi ,
I am also interested doing a calci using 8051!!
Please share the info you get....

Thanks & Regards
nand_gates

Hello

If you are going to use 8051 MCU, download proteus lite, the calculator circuit and code in assembly can be already found in the software.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back