Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does Active HDL 4.2 support elements from Spartan 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazi3

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Active HDL problem

Hi!

Does Active HDL 4.2 support elements from Spartan 3? I cannot compile VHDL simulation model generated by Webpack 6.2 to check design. Active HDL report that there some component missing.

Which Active HDL support Spartan 3? Or there is some kind of service pack?

Re: Active HDL problem

latest version supports spartan3
u can also compile ur full project in webpack itself.
hock

Re: Active HDL problem

tnx :)

well i will compile code into something that FPGA like later, first I need to make simulation of whole design (webpack synthesise the whole thing into one biiiig VHDL and SDF file,for this project will be about 5megs.) this huge file is constructed from basical elements: LUTs, FFs, RAMBs... and if somebody takes this file and tray to compile into bitstream, well it won't work :)

this file is only useful for simulation in simulators, but as I said, simulator gives errors that some components are mising (when i was working with spartan2 and webpack 4.1 it was perfect....)

reagards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back