Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How interface internet access through GPRS to WiFi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visser

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GSM repeater

Scenario: I have internet access through GPRS via modem. Can i now interface this to WiFi(802.11b) so that i can provide others with internet through the WiFi access point. Thus internet through modem to access point, then any-one with access point or laptop with wireless card can access the internet.

I think it is possible, but how to implement the interface between these two technologies looks to be the problem.

Please help!

Re: GSM repeater

Let me see if i uderstand.

You have a computer wich can acces internet using a modem to a cell phone using GPRS.

The thing about 802.11b is that it creates a LAN, you can do as you used to do with the ethernet cable, connect them all to the acces point and all are connected to the computer with the internet acces and then share your internet connection with the other users on you LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back