Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

broadband amplifier in ka band

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeshan102

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i am woking on design of ka band(27~31Ghz) amplifier ,is there any feed through and standoff are available in this frequency range for the bias circuit design.

Regards

hi
Tetronix has types of feed through for this frequency range.

Regads.

i am looking for chip capacitor and inductor for dc block and rf choke.

hello,

I find it hard to believe you can use chip lumped elements at these frequencies. may I suggest to use microstrip/stripline structures instead.

best regards.

If your design is MMIC then for the Gate use a parallel capacitor of about 5pF, then a series resistance of about 50 ohms and then another parallel capacitor of about 0.7pF. A TRL of lamda/4 length from this capacitors bank to the gare. At the Drain use again lamda/4 line then 0.7pF parallel cap and close to that put 5pF.
If your design is MIC. Have a lamda/4 line length from the gate and then a parallel 50 ohms (you can pribt it) in serie and again 5pF. You cn use ATC or Dielectric Lab capsor print OST as a cpcitor.
If you can hold several ohm at the drain use the same bias circuit as the gate but with several ohms instead. If not just don't use any resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.