Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pls Help --Bidriectional port Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycribs

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im trying to write a code to charge the capacitor on the an IR sensor and see the discharge time on a oscilloscope

im using a pwm to charge the capacitor but i have to be able to change my output pin to an input pin after 10ms to see the discharge.

this is my code but i keep getting errors . i cant figure out wats wrong. Pls help me Thank you

module sense( clock,pwm,
);

parameter d = 195;

parameter cs = 100000;

parameter sw = 4;

input clock;

inout pwm;

reg [15:0] counter = 0;
wire pwm;

wire pwm_out;

assign pwm = (pwm_out==1) ? 1'bz :1'bz; // trying to change to input

always @(posedge clock)

begin // PWM generation
counter = counter+1; // Increment counter
if(counter <= sw*d) pwm <= 1;
else pwm_out <= 0;
if (counter >=cs) counter = 0; // Resets the counter

end

endmodule

In a clocked process, you can only assign values to registers, not wires.

You have a continuous assignment for pwm (assign pwm = (pwm_out...) but you also try to drive pwm with if (counter <= sw*d) pwm <= 1;

I presume this should have been setting pwm_out to 1, not pwm to 1. However this won't work because pwm_out is a wire. You should declare it as type reg.

Your continuous assignment for pwm doesn't actually make sense because it will be 'z' no matter what pwm_out is. It should probably be 1'b1 when it's an output and 1'bz when it's an input, if your PWM involves driving it between 1 and z rather than 1 and 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back