Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's Anti-CAF of PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

soppcb

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anybody here know Anti-CAF of PCB?
Some clients offen asked me to use this material.

JACK
soppcbtech at gmail dot com
[ADVERTISING REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator:

Conductive Anodid Filament...
Looked into it years ago (an engineer read about it and started flapping once, so I had to do a long report to apease him on how his boards were not goint to fail due to CAF growth), never known anyone but NASA research worry about it. With HDI it shouldn't be a problem as the holes are laser ablated. I dont know what the recorded actual field failures of actual boards and systems is due to CAF, but I bet its low.
NPL (National physics lab) also has some info regarding it.
May be a possible failure mechanism at elevated temp and humidity, but a lot of stuff I have done has never suffered from CAF failure.
**broken link removed**

You might as well read this to add to your PCB failure nightmares:
**broken link removed**

oh, Marce, it is very useful, tks.

JACK
soppcbtech at gmail dot com
Conductive Anodid Filament...
Looked into it years ago (an engineer read about it and started flapping once, so I had to do a long report to apease him on how his boards were not goint to fail due to CAF growth), never known anyone but NASA research worry about it. With HDI it shouldn't be a problem as the holes are laser ablated. I dont know what the recorded actual field failures of actual boards and systems is due to CAF, but I bet its low.
NPL (National physics lab) also has some info regarding it.
May be a possible failure mechanism at elevated temp and humidity, but a lot of stuff I have done has never suffered from CAF failure.
**broken link removed**

You might as well read this to add to your PCB failure nightmares:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back