Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to: 16bit sampling of a NIR-FPA pixel output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzel

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear GuysNGirls,

I'm the new guy :) in this forum and also in image processing...hello to all.

first of all: sorry for my bad english, this isn't my national language.

I have a problem here and I hope you would help me.

I want to sample the video output from a NIR sensor into 16bit (ADC). This sensor only have 2 outputs:

1) pixel/video out.
2) trigger signal for ADC.

So I don't have any reference signal.

- Video out is between 1V (offset) and 3V(saturation).
- Pixel Clock = 5MHz
- 192x96 pixel

I need best accuracy.

So I never develop a board/circiut for an NIR sensor and this is why I would ask you:
How would you do that? Do you know suitable ADCs for me? And would you reprocess the analog pixel signal before sampling?

Is it eneough to have an 16bit ADCs with Bottom Reference=1V, Top Reference=3V and 5-MSPS (see attached file "schematic")? Or is this to easy?

I would like to discuss with you about possible circiuts, suitable OPVs and ADCs...the whole hardware stuff for getting pixel data into my pc :)

Thanks for your productive RE !

greetings fizz

Attachments

• schematic.png
    schematic.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 92
  • pixel out.png
    pixel out.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 100

i think im in the wrong place...could an admin please move through the analog circiut area?

@admins: is it possible to move me to the analog circiut area? please...i want to discuss a little bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back