Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are ASI + & ASI - ? Are these the communication supplies of PROFIBUS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munzir

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Are these DC voltages supplies ?

What is ASI DP Controller ? which has 5 connectors on it ...... 0v , 24 V , ASI + , ASI - & PE ... the profibus connector is connected to it (there are 2 violet cables connected to this profibus connector)

0 V & 24 V are supply voltages DC 24 V ......... ASI + & ASI - are 30vdc - 32 vdc voltages .....

the ASI + & ASI - supplies are coming from power supply (ASI)

this controller has red seven segment LED display ..... when there's problem in communication (i.e. some loosing in profibus connector) then " bf " fault is indicated on that controller in led display ....

thanks a lot

Are these DC voltages supplies ?

What is ASI DP Controller ? which has 5 connectors on it ...... 0v , 24 V , ASI + , ASI - & PE ... the profibus connector is connected to it (there are 2 violet cables connected to this profibus connector)

0 V & 24 V are supply voltages DC 24 V ......... ASI + & ASI - are 30vdc - 32 vdc voltages .....

the ASI + & ASI - supplies are coming from power supply (ASI)

this controller has red seven segment LED display ..... when there's problem in communication (i.e. some loosing in profibus connector) then " bf " fault is indicated on that controller in led display ....

thanks a lot

ASI is a bus system on it's own, used to connect primarly simple digital sensors and actors. You are possibly asking about a PROFIBUS to ASI interface device. Read the manual thoroughly, I'm rather sure you'll find a general description of ASI operation. Otherwise refer to SIMATIC web site.

can you provide me the manual of PROFIBUS to ASI interface device ?

in what conditions we prefer to use PROFIBUS to ASI interface ?

can anybody explain or provide any pdf file or any related material about ASI operation ? (if that material is easy to comprehend then it would be better)

in what conditions we prefer to use PROFIBUS to ASI interface ?

in what conditions we prefer to use PROFIBUS to ASI interface with Nodes ?

Most automation systems are using traditional digital IOs in places where ASI applies. I believe that ASI can be a cost effective alternative for machines series production, particularly when manufacturing in countries with high wage costs. AS also has advantages for safety related controls. But it's not widely used, even in Western Europe.

I didn't use ASI in automation system design, so I can't answer the detail questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back