Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linkspirite JPEG color camera- UART interface(TTL) Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

niksmitcoe55

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought (Linkspirite) JPEG color camera- UART interface(TTL). I want to test camera.:???:
Can anyone tell me how to test the camera on PC directly? I can not understand the tutorial as it is given for RS-232 camera. It is given that remove the MAX3232 IC which on camera, but I don't want to lose it's TTL compatibility. Can I use MAX232 externally as level shifter? Please reply....:???:
camera=>LinkSprite JPEG Color Camera TTL Interface - SparkFun Electronics

I recommend the FTDI cables for simplicity. Or the modules.

USB TTL Serial

Or a MAX232 if you want to connect to a serial port on a PC.

I just want to check camera is working or not and dont want to invest more for it. i want connect it with serial port. Have you used this camera?

No I haven't used the camera. Yes I understand you want to connect it with a serial port. To do that you need some kind of converter. There are many alternatives and all of them cost something, if you don't already own them.

you get utility from the website to evaluate the camera connect camera to PC using suitable converter and using utility invoke different modes of operations...

If the camera has a MAX 232 IC, then you cannot this directly to the PC via the serial port using a DB9 connector. Please check connections before connecting to the PC.
For connecting to TTL level another may MAX 232 may have to be used on the mcu side, this will simplify matters greatly as the connections are quite standard.

Make sure you check all connections before powering ON the device...

NOTE:
@niksmitcoe55
I wanted to buy this camera for a home security system, Is the camera working ??, please post back if your project worked.

I have not tried yet... After using it I will tell you....

Status
Not open for further replies.