Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find distance between two wsn node (for nRF24L01)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikaan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am using nrf24L01 transceiver in my wsn node.In this transceiver there is no support for RSSI. In this case, is there any method to find the distance between two wsn node ?Is there any scheme like TOF (Time of Flight) will be useful or not. Pls suggest your opinion.

Thanks
G Kannan

[/COLOR]Hi Hikaan,

I've been having the same issue with nFR24L01. All my researches have led me to solutions using only RSSI and even scouring recent conference proceedings like this one **broken link removed** didn't bring me any luck. I actually "shamelessly" :roll: opted to temporarily go with the TI Launchpad+Anaren RF Boosterpack, to go around this issue. Hope you find something I didn't see. If so, please share ... That would help a lot.

Thanks.

PS: I found this link where they use this chip and described a method using Sensors localization using coordinates and transmission power. I'm more of a computer guy and I understand very little of the radio jargon. You might want to check it out though.
**broken link removed**

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yaa i know there is no support for RSSI in the nrf24L01. have u used ANT protocol in this chip... what is the use of it ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back