Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending AT commands to GSM modem in hyperterminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

shruthi_deepak

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am using Fargo Maestro 20 modem.I am able to send only some AT command to it from hyperterminal like AT,ATE1,the modem replies OK.But if i try AT+ commands it gives error.
I tried checking with 3 different SIM cards,it gives error of all AT+ commands.
What might be the issue?

Hi, and welcome on edaboard,

Did you check supported AT command for that modem?

Try some commands from manual attached to post.

Attachments

• MAESTRO_100_20_user_guide_Rev02.pdf
    417.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Yes,I have tried to use commands for the same pdf itself like AT+CREG?,AT+CSQ,AT+CPIN=1234. But it still gives me ERROR.The modem is working fine.As I checked this for sending SMS from Ozeki gateway to any mobile.But cannot figure out the issue with AT commands.Please help.

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with a modem Cinterion MC55iT.
Did you find any solution ?

Thanks !

I'm convinced that you're talking to the wrong "modem". Most laptops and older PCs have internal Fax/modems used to make dialup services. They all use AT commands. Do check your Device Manager for other modems. Finally, you may be using the wrong terminal settings. Most common are 8N1 at 115200.

Status
Not open for further replies.