Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 2.0 Interface for FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

go.beavs

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a USB to interface between my FPGA and PC, information will be displayed GUI. I am not sure how this works ! FPGA will process 3D depth map and pass it to the PC using USB
I am using Spartan 6 FPGA, 2.0 USB connection in the FPGA, Programming the GUI in C language. GUI is collecting Data from the FPGA

Can you elaborate the question please. Unable to understand design requirement. What are you expecting from FPGA?

I guess, you are referring to an USB HS interface? The term USB 2.0 doesn't imply a particular interface speed. For USB HS, you'll at least need an USB PHY and a respective IP core, e.g. from opendcores. It'a a complex project anyway. You can expect faster success with a HS serial to USB bridge like FT2232H.

Or does your development board already bring the necessary USB HS connectivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.