Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTCC in PIC32 is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

saraaj100

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am Using custom designed PIC32MX460F512L microcontroller board.. it seems to be working perfectly will all other programs. But when i tried to include RTCC module it doesnt work.
I used 32.768khz in SOSCO-SOSCI pin, with 10pF Capacitor soldered.
I tried all configuaraion settings With the DATASHEET.

while(RtccGetClkStat()!=RTCC_CLK_ON);
it does not pass this line of program.

I dont know how to check in the hardware, i.e. 32.768khz is working or not.

Thanks in advance.

Check the XTAL_OUT to XTAL_In for 32.XX KHz on the oscilloscope. Normally Crystals will not go bad such easily. Have you checked the battery connection to the Clock controller ? Check the battery power too

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Currently i dont have oscilloscope. According your reply hardware XTAL seems to be the problem. So I will get crystal from CITIZEN make, with the load capacitor they have mentioned in the datasheet.
But I cant get clear, where this battery comes out. I dont connect any battery to my PIC32. I just using DC Power supply with 3.3V regulator.

Normally RTC will be powered by a standalone- all time running power such as a battery so that they are independent of Board's power supply. This is to ensure that the RTC will keep operating even if there is a failure in Board power supply. This is the reason you see a Coin battery on PC mother boards, telecom blades etc,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back