Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How many transistors do I need to design a CMOS XOR gate and 2:1 multiplexer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erece

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing cmos logic xor gate and 2:1 multiplexer.
In my design i am using 8 pmos and 8 nmos for 2:1 mux and 6 pmos and 6 nmos for xor gate.
I am using pmos and nmos to implement complement A, means that i am not using complement directly into the circuit.
So , i want to know that is it the minimum no. of transistors used in implementing the above two circuits.
I made the design from the knowledge that pull up network conducts when logic is 1 and pull down nwtwork conducts when logic is 0. please tell if i am wrong.

Re: xor gate using cmos.

Hey,

For making Xor gate you can make use of 8 gates, 4 pmos and 4 nmos using simple relation for XOR= (~A)B+A(~B)
As far as 2:1 MUX is concerned, there are many options. You can use NAND gate, Transmission gates, pass transistor.

Best Regards,
Abhishek

Reactions: erece

erece

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi all,
Try this one it has only 6 Transistors.

XOR6T.PNG

Reactions: erece

erece

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi AdvaRes,

I need to know if the circuit posted by you have good noise margins as with 8 transistors?

BR//
Abhishek

Nice question. But I have not the reply but it is easy to find it. You can compare the 2 circuits using spectreRF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back