Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim300 module fake imei or fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAMRAN-HILITE

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sim300 module fake imei or real?

Q1, I want to know weather SIM300 module used in fixed wireless GSM terminal have fake IMEI or real, as in my country all the fake IMEI will be block in near future by the Govt.

Q2, Does the Q2403A module have fake IMEI, which module have real IMEI?

The SIM300 modules are made from Simcom and I doubt that they use fake IMEI in any product of a well known company.

Alex

Dear Alex,
THX for your reply, currently I am facing the problem in Q2403A module some times it works & some time not! My doubt is that either the IMEI is fake or don't have the IMEI, my supplier agree to replace my devices with SIM300 module, I want find out weather it is suitable in this situation or the problem will remain the same with this one too?

Q2403A is a Wavecom product and I also find it very unlikely that they can have a fake IMEI.
I have only worked for a short while with a SIM300 module (basically an experimental board), I have no experience with Wavecom products, maybe someone more experienced can provide more help.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.