Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any good reading to help me learn how to power my LED matrix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsertCoffee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm building an LED display from a group of 5x7 matrices. I'm building it in stages as I have got to grips with PIC programming, shift registers, multiplexing etc. My next challenge is understanding how to power it though, and I'm having no luck finding anything to help me on the web.

I will be running about 10 5x7 matrices, lighting them all a row at a time, but my battery wont be able to support all of them! Do I have seperate self powered circuits? Or maybe I have one larger powers source and divide it between each?

I dont expect anyone to explain here - I'm sure its a whole subject in itself, but if someone could help me with some online resources, or even google search terms (not sure what I'm looking for!) it would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back