Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing at89c52 with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujana gurun

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir i haven't interface a PC to a microcontroller before this is my first time.....i want to send data from my computer to at89c52....how do i do that...is MAX232 with RS232 cable going to work or i can make it work with other connections(diode 1N4148 and transistor QCS9014.......i read this connection somewhere i havent tried this yet) as well???? and in writing code where do i have to start with....either see my computer as transmitting end ????? as i donot have to receive data in my computer my code should include the code for sending or for both sending and receiving ....plz do reply

Yes, with MAX232 you can connect the PIC to your PC through straight cable. No other discrete is needed. Just make sure you connect the data and flow-control correctly to the DB-9 port. BTW, AT89C52 is an NRND part. You may re-look into the part and consider a latest version..

Hope this helps

thanks for the reply....actually i am using at89s52 sorry i wrote at89c52.......can u plz give me some idea about coding and the format of data i have to send through hyperterminal to microcontroller....would be grateful

You can do the coding in C. Download the Compiler and Assembler for Atmel Microcontroller from Atmel website : Atmel Corporation - 8051 Architecture - Flash ISP (In-System Programmable). The compiled output will be a Hex file, which needs to be programmed into the 8KB built-in flash of the device. This programming interface is SPI. Meaning you will need an SPI based ISP programmer. Refer Atmel website for more information.

Hope this helps.

Another easier alternative is to use assembly language programming using IDE8051. This can be freely downloaded from:
**broken link removed**
If you need a laboratory experiment to transmit and receive data using 89s52 a work sheet is available which include working example code in assembly.
It also needs a windows application like terminal or hyper terminal for sending and receiving the data. At micro-controller end you will have to have something to display data received.

thank you everyone....i am going to write code in C using keil......and i hadnt thought of using a display at microcontroller but now i feel like i must include the display too.

Status
Not open for further replies.