Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bluetooth interfacing with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunme

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can we use any bluetooth ttl module to interface with a uc ? , or we have to consider any thing in choosing a module ?

Choose a Bluetooth module that has similar interfaces that are available on the Microcontroller. Example, SPI, USB, or parallel Bus. There are modules available with USB interface. As far as the digital design is concerned, this is the only requirement. From Software point of view select a device that allows you to control the device through OpenAT commands and drivers are easily available. From the Analog point of view, make sure you have separate power planes available for Microcontroller and Bluetooth module. And finally form the RF point of view- EMI shielding and on-board antenna (if applicable) will be the biggest challenge.

Many Bluetooth solutions such as BlueCore offer Bluetooth devices with programmable Microcontrollers. You may want to have a look at it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: varunme

varunme

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A legacy uart ttl bluetooth module with a programmable uc can be handy for me if i intend only digital ?

Yes. The following module uses the same Blue Core solution which I mentioned in my previous post. Refer **broken link removed** for more details

Hi,

Something like this one from SparkFun should do. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10253

Its Usart compatible so data flow could not be easier, you need to be aware of what Class / transmission distance you want and that many of them run at 3v3 so you may need a level shifter if using a 5v Pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.