Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need for high speed high gain opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezabg

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need an OPAMP(low noise) with these specification :
1)AV>2500
2)3-dB bandwith >5Mhz
supply voltage<12v
can any one help me??

Do you mean GBW (gain bandwidth product) of 5 MHz or gain of 2500 up to 5 MHz (= GBW of 12.5 GHz)?

thankyou for your answer
I have a signal with 5Mhz and very low amplitude that I want to amplifier this signal
than I need a op-amp with 5Mhz (3_dB gain bandwith)
please help me
Best Regards
reza bg

That's gonna be hard to accomplish. If you want to amplify 5 MHz signal by the factor of 2500 then (as FvM said) you would need opamp with at least 12.5 GHz GBP. I don't think there is a single opamp in the world with such parameters. In your case you will need to cascade opamp stages with lower amplification factor. Component selection depends on what your signal amplitude is. If it is in order of single milivolts, then you need first stage to be very low offset, but also high bandwidth and low noise.

Good candidate for the first stage might be AD8067 which would allow to amplify 5 MHz low level signal by factor of 10-15.
Then i think 2 or 3 stages of LM7171 or something with similiar parameters would do the job. Last stage has to have decent slew rate.

Otherwise you can consider using single, very high GBP opamp, like EL5166 from Intersil Corporation. It has unity gain frequency of 1.4 GHz, but you must take into account that using such a high bandwidth opamp is problematic, because of it's high GBP. It will most likely oscillate from slightest noise spike from enviornment.

I would use two of these AD8372 in series:

AD8372 | 41 dB Range, 1 dB Step Size, Programmable Dual VGA | Attenuators / VGAs / Filters | RF / IF ICs | Analog Devices

You might need to use two separate chips (i.e. use only one channel per chip), at least one of which is under a metal shield can, to keep it from oscillating. Layout would be easier if you also added a ~7 MHz lowpass filter between the two chips to limit overall bandwidth, and help keep it from oscillating. You can set the total gain to the 69 dB you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.