Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] uart help....the code is not working in fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobos1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have made this for 115200 baudrate someone help me with this this module not working .......i have attached the code ...........

Attachments

• TX_fsm.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 49
  • RX_fsm.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 47
  • UART.txt
    885 bytes · Views: 42

Re: uart help....the code is not working in fpga

I have done custom modem hookups between computers, and I have gotten hardware and software to work together.

I have not worked with a uart chip, nor with the programming language used in your code.

Questions that might help:

Have you tried lower transfer speeds? Get it working at 300 baud, then work your way up to the faster speeds?

Is the signal polarity correct? I seem to remember nothing except the character U (alternating highs and lows) came through okay when polarity was inverted.

Is the receiving device set to use the same baud rate as the transmitting device?

Are you experimenting with half-duplex versus full-duplex setting?

Parity versus no-parity setting? Etc.

Is your wiring connection the right sort? A null modem cable was simplest to use with the equipment I worked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back