Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing AVR with VGA port

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanthyk192

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to interface a VGA port of a computer's monitor with my atmega32.I read a few things about it as well.I know that that the input to the rgb pins are analog,but how much?Is the horizontal and vertical clock provided by the monitor?I would be happy if i get a few dots on the screen.Is there any initialization that has to be done to the monitor?

Thank you.

I believe that VGA is 0.7Vpp, the clocks are certainly not provided by the monitor, they are generated by the device plugged into the monitor.

Here's a simple circuit which also works in PAL: Simple VGA/Video adapter with ATmega AVR

thank you,the link was helpful.but it doesn't say anything about the sync or the voltage levels.is the range of voltage for rgb from 0 to .7V?

thank you,the link was helpful.but it doesn't say anything about the sync or the voltage levels.is the range of voltage for rgb from 0 to .7V?
Yes, and the sync voltages are TTL level.

Thank you,hewitson.can I use pwm on my avr to get the small voltages? What happens if I give the horizontal and vertical sync clock very slow and keep the rgb constant? will it atleast produce dots on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.